Posted by Aiden Clinton
on Sep 30, 2011 in Affiliate Marketing
| Comments Off on How to Link Directly to a Product on ShareaSale
Although every affiliate network has its own strengths, one of the reasons why I like ShareaSale so much is the fact that you can easily link directly to a product on any merchant’s website. Although it is possible to earn money through affiliate marketing by displaying banner advertisements, I generally find it far more effective to write a review and provide a direct link that the reader can use to learn more and possibly make a purchase. This strategy is also called “deep linking.”
- Open two browser tabs — one showing the dashboard for your ShareaSale account, and another showing the product page that you want to link to. You must already have applied and been accepted as an affiliate for that merchant.
- Copy the full URL of the product from the address bar of your browser, and then switch to the tab showing your ShareaSale dashboard.
- Hover the mouse over the “Links” section at the top of the page on ShareaSale, and then click “Create a Custom Link.”
- Click the drop-down menu under “Merchant for this link,” and select the name of the merchant that you want to link directly to.
- Paste the URL of the product in the “Destination URL” field. ShareaSale will create the link correctly whether or not the “http://” is present.
- Click the “Create Custom Link” button, and then use the link on the resulting page when advertising the product.
Tip: You can use the custom link feature to link to any page on a merchant’s website — not just a product page. For example, if a merchant that you promote has a section on their website containing press releases or an official forum that employees post on, and you write an article calling attention to a recent announcement, use this technique to add your affiliate ID to the link.