How do I add a button in a WordPress widget for readers to subscribe to my FeedBurner RSS feed?
So, you have created an RSS feed for your website at FeedBurner and added AdSense to monetize your RSS content. The final step is to add a button that visitors can use to subscribe to your feed if they visit your website and like what they read. Thanks to the WordPress arbitrary text widget, this process is incredibly easy, and you can add a FeedBurner Subscribe button to your website in just a few steps.
1. Proceed to the FeedBurner website and log in using your Google account information.
2. Click the name of your feed to proceed to the “Analyze” menu for that feed.
3. Click the “Publicize” tab.
4. Click the “Friendly Graphic” link. This brings you to a page showing all of the different FeedBurner buttons that you have to choose from.
5. Click the radio button next to the FeedBurner button that you would like to use. I suggest using one of the orange buttons at the top of the page , as most people have learned to recognize that this icon represents an RSS feed.
6. Scroll to the “Copy the HTML below” section at the bottom of the page, and note the snippet of code in the box. I like to put a section under the FeedBurner “Subscribe” button letting readers know how many others have already subscribed to the feed. If you do not want to do this, skip to Step 9.
7. Right-click the “FeedCount” link on the left side of the page, and open the link in a new browser tab.
8. Click the “Activate” button at the bottom of the new tab. Note the snippet of code in the new window that appears. Now, we will add both code snippets to a WordPress widget.
9. Log in to the WP-Admin section of your website (usually http://mywebsite.com/wp-admin).
10. Click the “Appearance” section of the left side of the page, and then click “Widgets.”
11. Drag the “Text” button from the “Available Widgets” section of the page to the “Sidebar” section in the upper-right corner. Drop the button where you would like the FeedBurner “Subscribe” button to appear on your sidebar. The widget expands automatically.
12. Give your FeedBurner widget a simple title such as “Subscribe.”
13. Copy the code from the bottom of the “Chicklet Chooser” screen and paste it into the main section of the new “Subscribe” widget. Press “Enter’ and do the same with the code from the “FeedCount” screen if you would like the FeedBurner widget to contain both a button and the number of subscribers.
14. Click the “Save” button. Readers will begin seeing the FeedBurner widget and “Subscribe” button immediately.