How do I create an “About” page for my WordPress website?
Create a WordPress “About” Page
1. Log in to your website’s WP-Admin page (usually mywebsite.com/wp-admin).
2. Click the “Pages” link on the left side of the screen.
3. Hover the mouse cursor over “About” and click “Edit” when it appears on the menu below.
4. Type the content that you want to appear on your WordPress About page.
5. Click the blue “Update” button on the right side of the page.
So, now what we have the basics out of the way, how do you make your WordPress “About” page an engaging and compelling one? You might be assuming that a user’s basic pattern of navigation through your website will be to come in to an individual post through the search engine result pages, read the post, and move along to an affiliate link or another website. Actually, I find that if a reader really enjoys the post — and that is what you want — the “About” page is often the second one that they click.
So, with that in mind, my opinion is that the “About” page is one that you should spend a fair bit of time on. This page should provide a well-rounded overview of your website, hopefully without becoming too wordy, which should give the reader a reason to bookmark the site and continue visiting in the future.
Some of the questions that your WordPress “About” page should answer include:
Some webmasters might disagree with me on this one, but I also think that it is a good idea to explain briefly what your affiliate relationships are, if any, and what readers can expect to find when they click a “Jump” link. Some webmasters like to hide their affiliate links, while I prefer to make it plainly obvious that the website earns commissions from affiliate sales.