I highly recommend running several websites rather than only one for a variety of reasons. For me the most important reason is the fact that I do my best to add new content every day. I want to make sure that, on any given day, I am writing about the topic for which I am feeling most passionate. That way, whenever someone visits one of my websites, he or she sees my writing at its best. The challenge in doing this, though, is that every website needs its own contact email address, and checking many email addresses can quickly become a chore. To get around this problem, I recommend forwarding all of your admin email addresses to a central email account that you check every day. This tutorial will walk you through the process of creating and forwarding a new email account on 1&1.
- Log in to your 1&1 account using the address and customer number included in the welcome email sent when you created your hosting account.
- Scroll down to the Communication & Online Storage heading and click the E-mail Administration link.
- Click the Create button.
- Enter the desired account name for the new email address in the E-mail address field.
- Click the drop-down menu next to the field and select the desired domain.
- Click the drop-down menu next to Type and select Mailbox. This tutorial assumes that you want to create a real, functioning email account that also forwards incoming messages to a central address. If you only want to forward messages but do not need the ability to reply from the created email account, select Forward instead.
- Type the first, last and display names for the email account.
- Type the desired password for the email account.
- Click the check boxes below the password fields if you want to enable 1&1 anti-virus and anti-spam protection.
- Click the Add button near the bottom of the page to create a forwarding rule for the new email account.
- Enter the address to which you want to forward messages in the Address field.
- Click the OK button to create the new email account.
You have successfully created a new email account with 1&1, and messages sent to the account will automatically be forwarded to your main email address.